Easy Homemade Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches

Easy Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches. Three ingredients no ice cream maker.

Three Ingredients, No Ice Cream Maker, Crazy Delicious Ice Cream Sandwiches was the first name for this recipe, although that did seem a bit long for a recipe that’s so short.

If you know me at all, you’ll know that I’m not a girl that goes for the Quick & Easy recipes, but sometimes I hear of a recipe that just seems too tempting not to try. I stole this recipe for an 80 year old woman I know. She made a version of these (that involved Cool-Whip) for a bingo game she was hosting, and told me all about how easy they were, and how everyone loved them. Easy, you say? None left, you say? I must try these easy and delicious treats, although I will be skipping that blue and white plastic tub.

She was right: easy, delicious and none left. The moral of the story is always listen to your elders.

And eat ice cream.

Easy Homemade Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches. Three ingredients, no ice cream maker.

Easy Homemade Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches

• 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
  • 2/3 cup prepared caramel sauce, room temperature
  • 12 standard sized graham crackers

1. In the bowl of a stand mixer add the cream, whip on high until soft peaks start to form, slowly add the caramel sauce, mixing until well combined.
  2. Spread the caramel whipped cream in a thick layer between two graham crackers, scraping off excess with a butter knife.
  3. Place ice cream sandwiches on a large plate or baking sheet. Freeze until set, about 1 hour.

, , , ,

27 Responses to Easy Homemade Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks August 26, 2013 at 1:08 am #

Wow this looks and sounds too good to be true! I am all about this! Pinned!

2. Tieghan August 26, 2013 at 5:23 am #

These look perfect and so cute! Like you, I tend to lean towards recipe with a few more ingredient and steps, but I can take a good easy recipe every now and then! These are so fun and perfect for these last few hot weeks of summer!

3. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry August 26, 2013 at 8:29 am #

These look dangerously easy!

4. Yvette August 26, 2013 at 8:53 am #

Super cute! My kiddos would LOVE these!

5. Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain August 26, 2013 at 10:52 am #

Ooooohhh…..these would be off the hizzle for Labor Day!! Love how easy they are to make:)

6. Zack August 26, 2013 at 12:12 pm #

How fast do these melt? Same as any other ice cream?

• Jackie August 26, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

Not really. It’s fairly stable at room temperature, unless said room is overly warm.

7. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie August 26, 2013 at 1:07 pm #

I recently made ice3 cream sandwiches similar to this but the inside was greek yogurt, cool whip and pureed berries.

• Zack August 27, 2013 at 2:18 pm #

I looked for this recipe and found a similar key lime pie one. It was greek yogurt, sugar, and key lime juice on cinnamon graham crackers!

8. addie | culicurious August 26, 2013 at 1:50 pm #

can you say heaven on a plate? Yes, please! :)

9. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction August 26, 2013 at 2:18 pm #

Love these! What a great idea for ice cream sandwiches!

10. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious August 26, 2013 at 4:28 pm #

Did you go to a bingo game and not invite me?! :)

No, but seriously, 3 ingredients? Amazing.

11. Julie @ Table for Two August 26, 2013 at 5:56 pm #

This just might be the perfect summer dessert!! So simple, I love it!!

12. Cassie | Bake Your Day August 26, 2013 at 6:48 pm #

These cannot be this simple! LOVE it. They are so pretty!

13. Anna (Hidden Ponies) August 26, 2013 at 11:11 pm #

SO glad you skipped the Cool Whip, and now I have to try these asap – love things that don’t require an ice cream maker but I still get to feel like I made homemade ice cream :)

14. Kathleen Richardson August 27, 2013 at 5:27 am #

Such simplicity in the preparation of these ice cream sandwiches. Your photo with candy cane twine around each sandwich is absolutely perfect. I’ve got to pin this one!

15. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet August 27, 2013 at 6:30 am #

You had me at caramel. Pinned!

16. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig August 27, 2013 at 9:22 pm #

Geez, this couldn’t be easier to make and then eat. What a great idea for the gaggle of teenagers my house attracts!!

17. ashley - Baker by Nature August 28, 2013 at 8:56 am #

I can’t believe how perfect these look, Jackie! You’ve got skills, mama ;)

18. Maggie August 28, 2013 at 7:53 pm #

Ridiculous. Whipping cream is one of my faves…in any shape and form and I think I will try the above mentioned cinnamon graham crackers because cinnamon is my ultimate fave. This is getting done…asap.

19. Des August 28, 2013 at 10:17 pm #

I need these in my life ASAP. Good thing they are so freakin’ easy to make. Or is that a bad thing.

20. RavieNomNoms August 29, 2013 at 5:54 am #

These just look too darn good!!

21. Valerie August 29, 2013 at 10:00 am #

Sometimes it’s the simple recipes that are the most surprising – I’m trying to keep an open mind. These ice cream sandwiches look dangerously easy. :)

22. Zack August 30, 2013 at 2:02 pm #

What do you suggest for the caramel sauce?

• Jackie August 30, 2013 at 2:05 pm #

I make my own, so I always seem to have some. Also, Kings Cupboard makes a great caramel sauce and the Trader Joes brand is actually pretty good too.

23. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. August 31, 2013 at 10:19 pm #

I am in love with how easy these are!!!

24. Tamara Coleman September 12, 2013 at 8:50 am #

I have a gypsy soul and bottomless stomach too! I move around and fly by the seat of my pants and can be quite impulsive at times and food is the center of my world! LOVE YOUR HEADLINE! :) These ice cream sandwiches have me drooling and craving ice cream now!