(This post contains affiliate links)
I’ve spent the better part of the past few months obsessing over my new grill. After going a year without one, sad faceing at the grill recipes I saw on other blogs, I finally caved and bought one. As a way to feel a little less guilty about taunting the grill-less, I’ve teamed up with a bunch of other fantastic bloggers to offer one lucky reader a fantastic grill package worth over $500.
Although we are on the waining end of summer grill season, we are rapidly approaching tailgating season. The Coleman NXT 200 is powerful portable grill that’s perfect for fall football adventures and the gift card is a perfect way to add some accessorites to your grilling good times.
I have this Cameron Stove Top Smoker, it’s perfect to use indoors as well as on the grill. A good grill brush is important for when you want to cook more delicate food, or grill a pizza. And don’t forget a grill basket for those vegetables.
In the spirit of grilling and tailgate food, I’ve whipped up some grilled Tailgate Fries with Sriracha Buttermilk Cream Sauce. Enjoy, and don’t forget to visit the other great bloggers hosting this giveaway!
- 6 cups water
- 3 tbs salt
- 3 lbs russet potatoes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp course sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tbs buttermilk
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp sriracha (plus additional to taste)
- In a large bowl stir together the water and 3 tbs salt until the salt has dissolved.
- Cut the potatoes into ½ inch wedges.
- Soak the potatoes in the salt water for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove from water and dry well.
- Add potatoes to a large baking dish or rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and spices, toss to coat.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Add the potatoes to the grill, close the lid and allow to cook until strong grill makrs appear, about 5 minutes. Turn and continue to cook until tender when pierced with a fork.
- To make the sauce whisk together all sauce ingredients until well combined. Add to a squeeze bottle, drizzle over fries.