Beer Brined Paprika Chicken with IPA Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce + Giveaway
When you decided to dedicate your life to cooking with beer, people ask questions. Sometimes those questions follow puzzled looks at the grocery store at 8am while pushing a cart full of beer.
More commonly it’s during interviews, which have become more and more frequent over the past year (apparently I’m the foremost leading expert in cooking with beer). The questions are usually similar: "How did you get into cooking?" "What’s your favorite beer?" "How is that you’re not fat?"
The past three interviews I’ve had a new question come up all three times: "What are your favorite kitchen items?"
I did an entire interview for the May issue of Imbibe’s print magazine about things I can’t live without. To be honest, the answer changes a bit from moment to moment, but one thing that always seems to fall into that Can’t Live Without category is my Le Creuset cast iron skillet. I’ve cooked everything from cake to steak in mine and it’s my go to for quick dinners. Without hesitation it’s the pan I’d choose over all the others.
With a little inspiration from that question, and the upcoming gift giving festivities, I’m giving some of my favorite things away. A cherry red Le Creuset cast iron skillet (my absolute favorite), an autographed copy of my cookbook: The Craft Beer Cookbook (affiliate link)., and salt that I love so much I carry some around in my purse: Smoked Maldon Salt.
I’m even sharing a recipe from my book that I make in that go-to cast iron skillet. It even tastes great made with some of that smoked salt I love so much.
Beer Brined Paprika Chicken with IPA Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
For the Chicken:
- 1 cup IPA beer
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tbs kosher salt, plus ¼ tsp, divided
- 3 lbs chicken, bone in, skin on (thighs, legs, wings)
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
For the sauce:
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 2 tbs IPA
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar is fine)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Rice for serving
- Add the beer, chicken broth and salt to a bowl, stir to combine. Add the chicken, place bowl in the refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours. Remove chicken from the brine, rinse, pat dry.
- In a large bowl, mix together the smoked paprika, sweet paprika, onion powder, nutmeg, and cayenne. Add the Chicken, toss until well coated. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 to fifteen minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add the chicken, fat side down, and allow to brown, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and place cast iron skillet in the oven, cook at 425 for 18 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. (If you don’t own a large enough cast iron skillet to accommodate the chicken, brown chicken in batches and place on a baking sheet that has been covered with aluminum foil. Place baking sheet in the oven, cook at 425 for 18 to 20 minutes.)
- While the chicken is cooking, add all of the sauce ingredients to a food processor, process until smooth.
- Plate chicken on top of rice, cover with sauce prior to serving.
Copyright Ã�Â© TheBeeroness.com
In the spirit of Holiday Giving, I’ve teamed up with some pretty fantastic bloggers to give away a few of our favorite things.
Enter my giveaway by using the Rafflecopter widget below, but don’t forget to check out the other blogs and enter those giveaways as well.
1. Bakeaholic Mama 2. Pineapple and Coconut 3. Fabtastic Eats 4. The Lemon Bowl 5. Foodness Gracious 6. Rachel Cooks 7. Dine and Dish 8. Big Bear’s Wife 9. Nutmeg Nanny 10. Savory Simple 11. What Megan’s Making
a Rafflecopter giveaway