Strawberries and Cream Breakfast Bread Pudding

Strawberries and cream breakfast casserole2

I’m a breakfast girl.

It’s my favorite meal, and I tend to go a bit overboard if I ever happen to have breakfast guest. I love dishes that can pack a punch when it comes to impressing those I’m serving, but I also don’t like to be stuck in the kitchen when I have visitors.

I love something I can put together the night before and just stick in the oven the next morning, making this breakfast bread pudding pretty perfect.

I broke into my stash of strawberries I froze over the summer when those beauties were in abundance. I like to buy them when the price drops, slice them and freeze them for the colder months. While visiting the California Strawberry farms this summer I learned that the growers actually choose the juiciest, ripest berries to freeze because those are the ones that often have a harder time shipping fresh. WHich makes those frozen California berries a great option.

Speaking of those beauties, California Strawberry Commission is giving away 3 of  these adorable strawberry ornaments  every day for ten days.

Head over to the California Strawberries Facebook page to enter!

Win-Strawberry-Ornaments 545

Head over the California Strawberries In The Kitchen Blog for the recipe!

Strawberries and cream breakfast casserole

11 Responses to Strawberries and Cream Breakfast Bread Pudding

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks December 5, 2013 at 7:03 pm #

I love bread pudding. Total, perfect comfort food! And with strawberries – nice!

2. Tieghan December 5, 2013 at 7:11 pm #

Bread pudding just makes me think Christmas! Love this!

3. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious December 5, 2013 at 11:56 pm #

I could have this every single morning! And luckily we can since we’re in CA and we can have strawberries all year long!

4. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction December 6, 2013 at 6:21 am #

Oh, I love bread pudding! Love that you made it with strawberries!

5. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet December 6, 2013 at 8:15 am #

Being a huge fan of bread puddings, I am totally making this!

6. addie | culicurious December 6, 2013 at 1:08 pm #

Love those ornaments AND this bread pudding recipe idea. :) Always great to have more uses for frozen strawberries than a smoothie!

7. Kitchen Belleicious December 10, 2013 at 7:19 pm #

i love bread pudding and seeing this I can now have it for breakfast! You made my day! love it

8. Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen December 13, 2013 at 5:38 am #

This looks amazing Jackie! YUM! I’m all for new ideas for breakfast – I’m pinning this one!

9. ashley-bakerbynature December 16, 2013 at 8:37 am #

I’m a breakfast girl, too! And this…! Well this is a total b-fast babe :)

10. RavieNomNoms December 16, 2013 at 8:51 am #

Oh that just looks to die for!

11. Megan {Country Cleaver} January 1, 2014 at 5:42 pm #

I’m a total breakfast girl too. My hardest decision is always sweet or savory breakfast – I’m pretty sure this would definitely be my pick! Happy New Year, love!