DIY Glow In The Dark Halloween Ghost Craft

DIY Glow In The Dark Halloween Ghost Craft

Maybe you don’t know this, but the first post I ever did for this blog was a craft post on how to make Homemade Paper Lanterns. It wasn’t too much longer that I was sucked into the food blog scene and haven’t really looked back.

I do still love to get my crafting hands dirty, and this little DIY is so easy, I hope you forgive me for my break from those food posts I love so much.

Make a dozen or so to hang from your trees on Halloween, they turned out a little creepy in the best way.

Materials (for 1 ghost):

1 large clear plastic christmas ornament (I found this at Michael’s Arts & Crafts for $1)

1 to 3 glow sticks (or glow necklaces) that are small enough to fit inside the ornament

Round black felt stickers, or black felt cut into cricles

6 feet of cheese cloth (most grocery stores sell this in the baking section)

Remove the metal top from the ornament. Place the glow sticks inside (but wait until dark to break the glow stick). I found that two or three work better once its dark.

Replace the metal top.

Add the black felt stickers (or cut out circles and glue them) to the ornament to resemble eyes.

Cut the cheese cloth into 2 foot strips. You can also cut it into various lengths to add a bit of dimension.

Layer the cloth over the ornament and push the metal ring through the cloth.

DONE!

That’s it, takes about 5 minutes.

Here is day time creepy ghost:

And night time creepy ghost.

18 Responses to DIY Glow In The Dark Halloween Ghost Craft

1. RavieNomNoms September 21, 2012 at 12:42 pm #

Too cute!

2. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious September 21, 2012 at 2:10 pm #

I love diy craft stuff! I definitely need to make this with my little niece – she’s going to be so thrilled!

3. Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen September 22, 2012 at 9:20 am #

Yay…something to Pin to my Creepy, Crawly, Spooky Stuff board on Pinterest :) I’m totally obsessed with Halloween and LOVE this post. What a fun and easy decoration to make with your kids!

4. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. September 22, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

These are so fun!! And so easy!

5. Wendy September 23, 2012 at 10:54 am #

Love this!
    thank you.

6. MK September 25, 2012 at 5:25 am #

These ghosts are so cute! They are going to look great hanging around in the front yard for Halloween! Thx!

7. Colleen, The Smart Cookie Cook September 25, 2012 at 6:34 pm #

Stop it! This is so cute, and so easy! I’m kind of in love.

8. wow i love this September 29, 2012 at 2:15 am #

cheap wow its like Halloween craft gold!

9. Ruchi October 1, 2012 at 11:59 am #

Cute project and sooo easy pesy….but How long glow sticks last?

• Jackie October 1, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

It depends on which kind you buy. It should say on the package.

10. Ally October 7, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

After having a freakout about how I was going to make all the decorations I need to fill my huge yard for my Halloween party, I found this post. LOVE them, and was able to make 30 in just about 15 minutes. All ready to go, can not wait to see them all lit up at night!

11. Halloween Queen October 12, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

So cute! Making these for my Halloween party!

12. Halloween Thank you! October 13, 2012 at 11:18 am #

SO much fun! Just added this to my Halloween pinterest board. Can’t wait!

13. Jessica September 20, 2013 at 4:30 pm #

love this idea!

14. carla aijtink October 17, 2014 at 6:00 am #

i just love it! definatly going to one of my projects!!

1. Glow in the Dark Craft Ideas - Hobbies On A Budget - October 2, 2012

[…] Halloween Ghost […]

2. Creepy, Crawly, Spooky Stuff for Halloween! | From Valerie's Kitchen - October 6, 2012

[…] domesticfits.com via From Valerie’s Kitchen on […]

3. DIY Glow in the Dark Ghost | I'm With Cupcake - November 19, 2012

[…] DIY Glow in the Dark Ghost from Domestic Fits is spook-tacular – especially considering some of the outrageous prices […]