Spaghetti Squash Alfredo: 125 Calories

Spaghetti Squash Alfredo 125 Calories

I eat a lot of food.

A lot of high calorie food and beer that can leave me feeling like I want to take a nap in some kale. I tend to pendulum swing between wanting really bad for me food and really good for me food but I want it all to taste good.

So I’ve developed a fixation with produce. And how to manipulate it into tasting like that other side of the coin that leads me down a path far away from my skinny jeans.

So here you have my version of a pasta dish, made up mostly of vegetables, and a hefty serving weighs in at only 125 calories.

In fact, if you ate the entire batch it would only be 500 calories.

And you would be very full.

Spaghetti Squash Alfredo 125 Calories2

Spaghetti Squash Alfredo: 125 Calories

• 1 large spaghetti squash
  • 1 head cauliflower (1.5 lbs), chopped
  • ½ cup skim milk (2% and whole milk work too)
  • ½ cup chicken broth
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp onion power
  • pinch cayenne
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 2 tbs Greek yogurt
  • ¼ cup parmesan
  • 1 large tomato, chopped
  • ¼ cup parsley, chopped

1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out and discard the seeds and strings in the middle of the squash.
  2. Place, cut side down, on a baking sheet that has been lined with aluminum foil.
  3. Roast at 375 for 30-40 minutes or until a fork easily slides into the skin.
  4. Remove from oven, allow to cool enough to handle. Using a fork, gently scrape and lift the spaghetti like strands of the squash, transfer to four serving plates.
  5. While the squash is cooking, make the sauce.
  6. Cook the cauliflower in lightly salted boiling water until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a blender. Add the milk, broth, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, lemon juice and Greek yogurt. blend until smooth. Return the mixture to the pot over medium heat. Stir in the cheese, cook until warmed. Thin with additional broth if desired. Salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Pour sauce over squash, top with chopped tomatoes and parsley.

Spaghetti Squash Alfredo 125 Calories3

, , , ,

14 Responses to Spaghetti Squash Alfredo: 125 Calories

1. Tieghan November 12, 2013 at 5:52 am #

Um..yes, please!! I really don’t care about the calories because I just like good food, but this is GOOD food! I love spaghetti squash!

2. Wendy November 12, 2013 at 9:37 am #

looks wonderful, can’t wait to try it.

3. Anna@CrunchyCreamySweet November 12, 2013 at 10:41 am #

I need to try this. Looks fabulous!

4. Kitchen Belleicious November 12, 2013 at 12:10 pm #

I cant believe this is only 125 calories! Insane and looks amazing

5. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious November 12, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

125 calories?! That’s it! I NEED this! Jason and I have been eating out a lot and we need a balance!

6. sara November 12, 2013 at 3:54 pm #

is there a way to make a printer-friendly recipe?

• Jackie November 12, 2013 at 4:07 pm #

There is a print button on the top right side of the recipe box.

7. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction November 13, 2013 at 6:49 am #

Oh, this sounds incredible! I love cooking with spaghetti squash!

8. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie November 13, 2013 at 7:46 am #

What an awesome way to lighten up alfredo

9. Cheryl November 13, 2013 at 8:37 am #

I love that this is not only low-calorie, but actually includes nutritional value! Unlike regular fettuccine alfredo.. And I had no idea you were the one that wrote up that negative calorie soup recipe in the little white tureen – I’ve been watching that traipse across my Pinterest (LOTS of repins there) for months!

10. RavieNomNoms November 14, 2013 at 11:55 am #

This is one of my favorite ways to have “pasta”, so good for you and so tasty!

11. addie | culicurious November 15, 2013 at 11:27 am #

Wow, this looks amazing. I love spaghetti squash and think it would be delicious with an alfredo sauce like this. :)

12. Des November 15, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

Yes! I am loving this. I have always crave things that are totally awful for me but now I’m craving this and not feeling guilty about it at all :)

1. #HealthyRecipe / Spaghetti Squash Alfredo: 125 ... - November 25, 2013

[...] INGREDIENTS:1 large spaghetti squash1 head cauliflower (1.5 lbs), chopped½ cup skim milk (2% and whole milk work too)½ cup chicken broth½ tsp garlic powder½ tsp onion powerpinch cayenne1 tbs lemon juice2 tbs Greek yogurt¼ cup parmesan1 large tomato, chopped¼ cup parsley, choppedDIRECTIONS: http://domesticfits.com/2013/11/12/spaghetti-squash-alfredo-125-calories/  [...]