As summer nears it’s inevitable end, it’s not the weather that I’ll miss the most. In fact the leather boots and chunky sweaters of colder days are starting to beckon. The produce, back yard grills, the smell of life and food floating on a late afternoon breeze will be lost in the dawning of fall.
This isn’t a recipe about avoiding the oven, or grumbles of triple digit heat, it’s about enjoying August produce, paired with those Summer release beers and spending as much time as you can in the open air before we’re all forced to head inside, cook with squash, and drink stouts. Which I am already looking forward to.
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 lb raw shrimp, shell & tail removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup IPA Beer
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, diced, stem and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper sauce (such as Sriracha)
- Add the lemon/lime juice and raw shrimp to a small bowl. (Shrimp will "cook" in the juice as it marinates.)
- Mix beer, onion, tomato, and jalapeño in a large bowl, allow to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Drain the vegetables and return to large bowl.
- Once the shrimp have "cooked," drain and add them to the large bowl along with the salt and pepper sauce, toss to combine.
- Serve cold with corn chips.
Copyright Ã�Â© TheBeeroness.com