Trashed Up Beer Cheese Tater Tot Pizza
Trashed Up Beer Cheese Tater Tot Pizza.
Worth every. single. calorie. SO good.
A great blog sucks you in.
Not just the food, or the photos, but the person behind it. A person you become a least mildly obsessed with. A real-life human who writes in a way that you makes you want more of them. When I first started blogging, Jess from How Sweet It Is was that girl. After I found her blog I binge read her past posts for at least two hours, and then proceeded to creepily google stalk her.
The most shocking thing about this endeavor was that she was on the other side of the computer, stalking me right back. When I finally met her in real life she gave me the biggest, most genuine hug I’ve ever been on the receiving end of and said, "I love your blog! I even google stalked you!" I was too shocked and flattered to tell her that I’d done the exact same thing to her, so I tried my best to play it cool.
Of all the people I’ve been fortunate enough to meet in this crazy world of blogging, there isn’t anyone more genuinely nice than Jessica. She’s even more of what you want her to be, sincerely gracious, food obsessed, blogging groupie, people fan, she’s the real deal and absolutely worthy of your google stalking hours.
She not only makes incredible food, she’s also making a human. In her guts. In honor of this incredible feat, a bunch of bloggers, all of whom have done our share of Jessica How Sweet Google Stalking decided to show her some love. We trashed up some food in her honor.
And I can’t wait to see the human she makes. Someone as nice, talented and genuine as Jess, I think she should make all the babies from now on.
My Top Five Favorite How Sweet Posts Using Beer:
- Beer Glazed Citrus Chicken with Orange Arugula Greens
- Jalapeño Pretzel Dogs with Cheddar Beer Sauce
- Spicy Beer Braised Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Crockpot Beer Carnitas Tacos
- Beer Marshmallow S’Mores
Trashed Up Beer Cheese Tater Tot Pizza
- 1 lb pale ale pizza dough
- ½ cup pizza sauce marinara or barbeque sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 2 cups tater tots cooked according to package directions
- Olive oil for crust about 2 tbs
- 2 tbs Butter melted
- 2 tbs Flour
- 1 tbs Cornstarch
- ½ cup beer wheat beer, blonde ale, pale ale, pilsner
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar do not use pre shredded
- ½ cup whole milk
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 4 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos nacho jalapenos
- Place 10-inch cast iron skillet in the lower third of the oven. Heat to 425 degrees with pan in the oven. Heat for at least half hour prior to baking.
- Stretch the pizza dough into a 10-inch circle, avoid a rolling pin as this will remove the air bubbles that give great texture. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven, gently placing the crust in the pan.
- Spread with sauce, top with mozzarella cheese and then cooked tater tots. Brush exposed crust with olive oil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted the edges are golden brown.
- While the pizza is baking make the sauce.
- Add the melted butter, flour, cornstarch, beer, cheddar cheese and milk to a blender. Blend on high until well combined. Add to a pot over medium high heat until thick and bubbly. Salt and pepper to taste. (If you encounter any issues with the texture, just re-blend until smooth).
- Once the pizza is cooked, remove from oven, top with beer cheese sauce, sprinkle with cilantro, chopped bacon and pickled jalapenos.
I used this Beer Pizza Dough recipe
Check out the rest:
trashed up salads
- Gimme Some Oven – Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce
- The Lemon Bowl – Brussels Slaw with Tahini Dressing and Za’atar Crostini
- With Style & Grace –
trashed up cocktails
- Dine & Dish – Hot Buttered Rum Cocktail
- Food For My Family – Cranberry Orange Dark and Stormy Cocktail
- Minimalist Baker – Bourbon Pumpkin Milkshakes
- Stylish, Stealthy & (sometimes) Healthy –
- A Spicy Perspective –
- Girl vs. Dough – Boozy Maple Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Honestly Yum – Maple Bacon Pisco Sour
- Cookin Canuck – Pink Grapefruit Margaritas
- A Thought For Food – Mezcal Citrico Cocktail
- A House in the Hills – Pomegranate Rosemary Spritzer
- The Novice Chef – Ginger Bourbon Apple Cider
- Bran Appetit – Citrus Cider Punch Floats
trashed up burgers
- Edible Perspective – Meatloaf Veggie Burgers with Mashed Potatoes + Gravy
- The Little Kitchen – Salmon BLT Sliders with an Avocado Aioli & Brie
- Daisy At Home – Balsamic Beef Burger with Mac and Cheese
- Cookies & Cups – Candied Bacon Maple Cheddar Burger
- Climbing Grier Mountain – Trashed-Up Steak Burger with Chicken Fried Bacon & Dijon Gravy
- Dessert For Two – Bleu Cheese Burgers + Sweet Potato Fries
- Country Clever – Fig Rosemary Roast Chicken Brie Brussels Sprout Panini
- Foodie Crush –
- Lady and Pups –
- Two Peas & Their Pod – Sweet Potato and Kale Grilled Cheese
- Bake Your Day – Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
trashed up tacos
- Spoon Fork Bacon –
- The Fauxmartha – Boozy Beef and Butternut Tacos
- With Food + Love – Harvest Hash Breakfast Tacos
- Mountain Mama Cooks –
- Heather Christo – Bahn Mi Tacos with Spicy Sriracha Honey Sauce
- A Couple Cooks –
- Fitnessista – San Diego Lobster Street Tacos
trashed up desserts
- Table for Two – Salted Caramel, Dark Chocolate, and Brown Butter Shortbread Bars with Sprinkles
- My Name is Yeh – Mini Vanilla Loaf Cakes, All Trashed Up
- Picky Palate – Pumpkin Spice Butterscotch Sprinkle Cupcakes
- Sprinkle Bakes – Cake Batter Confetti Cupcakes
- Averie Cooks – Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
- Sweet Phi – Trashed Up Shortbread Cookie Bars
- Love & Olive Oil – Loaded Junk Food Brownies
- Lauren’s Latest – Bakery Sugar Cookies
- Cookie + Kate – Peanut Butter, Banana, Honey and Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourishing Foodie – Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- The Sugar Hit – Salted Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream Cake
- Hummingbird High – Breakfast Cereal Cake Donuts
- Top With Cinnamon – Triple Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Crumb Cake
- Bake at 350 – Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sundaes
- Simple Bites – Lemon Layer Cake
- Bakerella – Baby Block Cake Pops
- She Wears Many Hats – Chocolate Covered Grapefruit
trashed up pizza
- Bev Cooks – Beer Battered Fried Calamari Pizza
- Rachel Cooks – Apple and Chicken Sausage Pizza with Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Crust
- Foodie With Family – Trashed Up Barbecue Turkey Pizza
- Shutterbean – Pesto Potato Bacon Pizza
- i am a food blog – Grilled Cheese Pizza
- My Life as a Mrs – Chili Cheese Dog Pizza
- Simply Scratch – Steak + Blue Cheese Pizza with Crispy Fried Shallots and Honey Balsamic Drizzle
- The Beeroness – Beer Cheese Tater Tot Pizza
- Yes I Want Cake –
- Two Red Bowls – Bacon Mashed Potato Pizza
- Dula Notes – Pork Bahn Mi Pizza
- Weelicious – Trashed Up Mexican Pizza Pockets
- Take a Megabite – Roasted Beet Pizza
- Hungry Girl Por Vida – Hard Cider Braised Pork with Sour Cherries and Cheesy Polenta
- Bakers Royale – Trash’d Street Tacos