Chocolate stout cheesecake Fudgesicle
Would you judge me if I tell you that I’m not a huge fan of ice cream? Clearly, I like it just fine I have several ice cream recipes on this blog, but it’s never my first choice.
Of course, I’ll eat it, although I do tend to prefer it in the winter (probably more of that inherent rebellion I told you about earlier), but there are just so many other desserts I’d rather run five miles to work off. Like, cheesecake. Or doughnuts. Or cheesecake doughnuts.
I love cheesecake. So this cheesecake version of ice cream, in pre-portioned sizes (this addresses my serious portion control issues) is just about the most perfect way to consume a frozen dessert.
And because the recipe only calls for 1/3 cup, you are going to have some stout left over that you’re going to have to figure out what to do with.
I apologize for the dilemma this creates.
Chocolate Stout Cheesecake Fudgesicle
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs whole milk
- 1/3 cup stout
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 6 standard sized graham crackers
- 2 tbs melted butter
- In a bowl (or a food processor) mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and powdered sugar until well combined.
- Add the milk and stout, stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl, microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted. Pour the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture, stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds, leaving about 1 inch of the top empty for the crust (if you don’t have popsicle molds, use small paper cups and popsicle sticks) tap the molds gently on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- In a food processor add the graham crackers, process until only crumbs remain.
- While food processor is running, add the melted butter in a slow stream until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Divide the crust evenly between the popsicles, press down gently to compact. Insert popsicle sticks, freeze for at least 6 hours and up to 3 days.
Copyright Ã�Â© TheBeeroness.com
Join me: Facebook, Twitter