I’m can’t decide what I’m more excited about, the best grilled vegetable recipes I’ve made in years, or this awesome giveaway.
Lets talk about this corn for a second. Of course the original purpose of the corn itself was merely as a vehicle for the Sriracha butter, which I adapted from The Sriracha Cookbook (you should buy it, and the Veggie Lovers version), but the sweetness of the grilled corn with the spicy butter made me forget that I had acctually made other things for dinner. This is a meal all by itself. I would also recommend serving it American State Fair style in bed of aluminum foil so that you don’t miss all that fabulous butter that will melt away. And don’t be shy about adding it to your other grilled foods, shrimp and zucchini would love to take a dip in this stuff.
Now, we can chat about this little giveaway. I’ve teamed up with some other awesome bloggers to give one lucky reader a shiny new iPad:
Give them a visit, enter to win and GOOD LUCK! And if you don’t win, you can always console yourself with some tasty, spicy, grilled corn.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
(USA Addresses only)
Warm Duck Fat Roasted Potato Salad with IPA Mustard Vinaigrette (with vegetarian option)
- 2lbs red potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbs duck fat (use olive oil for vegetarian)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup stone ground mustard
- 1 tbs honey
- ¼ cup IPA
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 weight ounces crumbled Roquefort cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup shelled peas
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat the duck fat (or olive oil for vegetarian) in a large oven safe skillet (cast iron preferred). Add potato cubes and 1 tsp salt, tossing to coat. Cook until potatoes start to brown, about 5 mintues. Transfer skillet to oven and roast for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a blender or small food processor, add the shallots, garlic, mustard, honey, IPA, smoked paprika, pepper and ½ tsp salt, process until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the potatoes, mustard vinaigrette, green onions, blue cheese, parsley and peas, toss to coat. Serve warm.
Copyright Ã�Â© TheBeeroness.com