Lazy Chicken: Dump, Bake, Done
Lazy Chicken: Dump, Bake, Done. A super delicious meal with just 5 minutes of active time.
We all need this right now, don’t we? Something easy and uncomplicated to pair with the rest of our messy complicated lives. I’ve been making some version of this for a while, some version of baked-chicken-with-stuff-on-it when the weather shifts and the darkness of the day make it harder for me to dig creativity out of my brain.
I don’t do much measuring when I’m just making it for my own consumption (for you, I meticulously weigh and measure to make sure I give it to you the way it’s intended). Sometimes I just add what I have, sometimes I throw some rice or farro in the bottom and hope it cooks enough to eat.
This one I like. I like the sauce, I like the garlicky pesto, I like the way the broiler browns the cheese just a little bit. I hope you like it too and I hope it makes things just a little less complicated for you this week.
- 3 cups (85g) baby spinach, packed
- 1 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (4oz) beer (wheat beer, pale lager, pilsner)
- ½ cup (4oz) chicken broth
- ¼ cup(62g) pesto sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 10 sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup (40g) shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add spinach in an even layer to a 9x13 baking dish, add the chicken thighs on top, sprinkling with salt.
- Add the beer, broth, pesto, pepper, and sun dried tomatoes to a bowl, stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Turn the broiler to high, place under the broiler until the cheese starts to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or farro.