Honey Bock Mushroom Banh Mi + GIANT giveaway! (over $1000 in prizes!)
After over two years in the making my book, Lush: A Season-by-Season Celebration of Craft Beer and Produce, is finally coming out in just a few short weeks!
It is by far, without hesitation, the best thing I’ve ever done professionally. I’m immensely proud of it and I can’t wait for you to see it. To celebrate I’ve rounded up a bunch of my favorite things to give away to you.
- My FAVORITE beer fridge from New Air
- My new favorite cooking appliance, slow cooker AND instant pot in one, the CrockPot 6 Qt. Express Crock Multi-Cooker
- If you don’t have an enamel cast iron braiser, YOU NEED ONE! I use mine all the time. I’m giving away this gorgeous 5Qt. Red Anolon Braiser
- PicoBrew Beer System! This is basically a bread machine for beer. You can brew your own beer (even clones of your favorite beer) super easily. Ever curious about home brewing? This is an easy way to get you hooked!
- PLINY THE ELDER AND BLIND PIG! Obviously, you need to be 21, but these are whales of craft beer (the most sought after DIPAs on the planet) and owning them will give you bragging rights that YOU have had them.
- An autographed copy of my book! You’ll get an advanced copy of Lush: A Season-by-Season Celebration of Craft Beer and Produce scribbled in by me.
Entering is easy! Just go to this Instagram post, follow these accounts: @TheBeeroness, @NewAirUSA, @CrockPot, @Anolon, @PicoBrew, then tag someone on my Instagram post who might also want to enter. Done!
For bonus entries (not a requirement to enter or win!) preorder Lush: A Season-by-Season Celebration of Craft Beer and Produce then email the preorder receipt to Jackie@TheBeeroness.com
Now for the recipe! This is one of the recipes in my book, combining my love of the Banh Mi, Mushrooms and craft beer. Hope you love it as much as I do.
Honey Bock Wild Mushroom Banh Mi
- 1 ½ cup (12oz) bock beer
- ¼ cup (60g) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (42g) honey (sub agave for vegan)
- 2 teaspoon (6g) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (6g) salt
- 1 lbs wild mushrooms i.e. oyster, chanterelles, shiitake, cremini
- ½ cup (120g) sour cream or mayonnaise (sub veganaise for vegan)
- 1 tablespoon (15g) sriracha
- 4 hoagie rolls split
- 1 English cucumber thinly slices
- 1 cup (80g) julienne cut carrots
- 1 large jalapeno thinly sliced
- ½ cup (8g) cilantro leaves, packed
- In a small bowl stir together the beer, soy sauce, honey, garlic powder and salt.
- Slice the mushrooms, add to a large Ziplock bag or a shallow bowl. Pour the beer mixture over the mushrooms, seal the bag or cover the bowl. Leave at room temperature for one hour or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- In a small bowl stir together the sour cream (or mayo) and sriracha, set aside.
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Remove the mushrooms from the marinade.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Add the mushrooms to prepared pan. Add to the oven, bake for 10 minutes, stir then bake for ten more minutes. Repeat until the mushrooms are dry and most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from oven.
- Toast the insides of the rolls, spread the insides of the rolls with the sriracha cream.
- Add the mushrooms to the rolls. Top with cucumbers, carrots, jalapeno and cilantro. Serve immediately