Cucumber Cups Stuffed with Spicy Crab
Barbecue season is upon us. And as much as we need a great sundress and cute pair of wedge heels, we also need great party recipes. What makes a party food recipe great? Three qualities: 1. Tasty (obviously) 2. Travels well (in the event of off site parties) 3. Possible to sit at room temperature for a period of time without becoming a huge mess (sorry cheese dip and ice cream cake, we still love you)
Here are some of my favorites:
1. Jalapeno Popper Filled Potato Bites. The marriage of two great bar snacks
2. Olive & Goat Cheese Tartlets.
3. Caprese BLT Sliders with Puff Pastry Buns
4. Boozy (or not) Watermelon Stars.
5. And the reason you are all here today: Cucumber Cups Stuffed With Spicy Crab
I saw these a few years ago on Iron chef. Cups made of cucumber. Brilliant. I am embarrassed to say that it took me nearly a year to figure out how it was done. Turns out, it’s so easy. All you need is a melon baller.
For a vegetarian filling, check out my Cucumber Cups With Goat Cheese Caprese
Beer Steamed Stuffed Artichokes
- 4 large artichokes, prepared as above
- 1 large lemon
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups citrusy wheat beer
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare artichokes as instructed above, squeeze 1/4 lemon into the cavity of each artichoke.
- In a pan over medium high heat, cook the bacon until browned. Remove from pan, and chop. Drain off most of the bacon grease, leaving about 2 tbs in the pan. Add the shallots and cook until soft. Add the garlic and stir. Add the mushrooms and cook until dark brown. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients as well as the chopped bacon (other than the beer), stir until well combined.
- Stuff the artichokes as instructed above.
- Place artichokes upright in the pot, fill with 1 cup beer.
- Cover and cook until outer leaves come away easily, about 40-60 minutes.
Copyright Ã�Â© TheBeeroness.com
Follow me on twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Like Domestic Fits on Facebook