Cheddar Beer Bread Muffins
You seem to have no interest in healthy beer recipes. You want your beer recipes to be a flagrant indulgence of full-flavored stimulation. You want chocolate and bacon and sugar and whatever else I can manage to squeeze into your meal.
I like that about you.
No "semi-homemade" or "skinny" versions will do for your beer baking, you want it to be bold and extravagant, diet repercussions be damned. You also have no problem with my recipes that take hours, making Bacon Beer Jam with delighted voracity.
So it is by pure accident that I offer to you a recipe that only takes 5 minutes to throw together and less than 20 to bake, allowing you to get a fully flavored beer muffin on your table in less than a half an hour.
Although I know you would have been more than willing to spend much longer. I appreciate your tenacity.
For these Beer Bread Muffins, I used Lagunitas Red, a special release that’s just so fun to drink.
Beer Bread Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus additional for topping, if desired)
- 2 tbs chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup melted butter, plus 2 additional tbs, divided
- 3/4 cup beer
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cheese and onions, stir until well combined. Pour in 1/4 a cup of melted butter plus the 6 oz of beer, stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into muffin tins until each well is about 1/2 full. Pour remaining 2 tbs of butter onto the tops of the muffins, dividing evenly between each muffin. Top with additional cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins have puffed and a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Serve immediately, these are best right out of the oven.