Avocado Tuna Poke with Wasabi & Soy Sauce Flavored Almonds and Coconut IPA Rice
This post is sponsored by Blue diamond but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. Partnerships with The Beeroness and outside companies only occur when the company’s products are ones I use and enjoy myself.
You guys, I finally found it. The snack with the perfect level of wasabi. I have always loved wasabi coated treats, but inevitable, they are just too much. Too much of that eye watering spike of heat that leaves me feeling like I’m in an abusive relationship with my snacks. Then I found these Blue Diamond Wasabi & Soy Sauce Flavored Almonds, and they are perfect. Just enough wasabi to get that taste with a hint of heat, but not so much that you hate yourself a little for eating them in the first place.
They also just so happen to pair perfectly with an IPA. They also sent over the Cheddar Nut-Thins, that go amazingly with a porter, and the Smokehouse Flavored Almonds that you should totally pair with a brown ale.
Obviously, I had to work the Wasabi & Soy Sauce Almonds and an IPA into a meal that I can’t stop eating. I’ve always used macadamia nuts in my poke, but these Wasabi & Soy Sauce Flavored almonds work even better. The flavors, the crunch, the saltiness all work together to elevate my favorite meal to something even better. You’ll also have enough beer and nuts left over the perfect snack.
Avocado Tuna Poke with Wasabi & Soy Sauce Almonds and Coconut IPA Rice
For the poke:
- 1 lbs. sashimi grade tuna cut into cubes
- ½ of one avocado diced (pick an avocado on the firm side of ripe)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions diced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Sesame seeds
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond flavored Almonds Bold Wasabi & Soy Sauce, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt plus additional to taste
- thin sliced Nori
For the rice:
- 1 (13.5oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup IPA beer
- ½ cup water
- 1 ¼ cups long-grain or jasmine rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cut the tuna into bite sized cubes.
- Stir together with the avocado, onion, cilantro, green onions, sesame oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, Blue Diamond Wasabi & Soy Sauce almonds and salt. Chill for 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Stir together the coconut milk, beer, water, rice and salt in a pot over high heat. Bring to a boil, place a lid tightly on the pot, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 18 minutes, remove from heat and allow to steam for 2 more minutes before removing the lid and stirring.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls.
- Top with poke, sprinkle with thin sliced Nori.