Lets talk about this corn for a second. Of course the original purpose of the corn itself was merely as a vehicle for the Sriracha butter, which I adapted from The Sriracha Cookbook (you should buy it, and the Veggie Lovers version), but the sweetness of the grilled corn with the spicy butter made me forget that I had acctually made other things for dinner. This is a meal all by itself. I would also recommend serving it American State Fair style in bed of aluminum foil so that you don’t miss all that fabulous butter that will melt away. And don’t be shy about adding it to your other grilled foods, shrimp and zucchini would love to take a dip in this stuff.
Now, we can chat about this little giveaway. I’ve teamed up with some other awesome bloggers to give one lucky reader a shiny new iPad:
- Bakeaholic Mama
- Foodness Gracious
- Savory Simple
- Climbing Grier Mountain
- Averie Cooks
- Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Very Culinary
- Bless This MessFoodie with Family
- Nutmeg Nanny
Give them a visit, enter to win and GOOD LUCK! And if you don’t win, you can always console yourself with some tasty, spicy, grilled corn.
(USA Addresses only)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 6 ears corn
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place butter in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or a small food processor) along with garlic, scallions and sriracha. Process until all ingredients are well combined.
- Scrape onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Roll into a log shape, refridgerate until chilled and firm, about 1 hour. Can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- Remove the husks and the silk from the corn, leave stalk on, if still attached. Rub corn with olive oil, salt and pepper all sides.
- Cook on a preheated grill for 15-20 minutes, rotating every 3-5 minutes.
- Place grilled corn on a sheet of aluminum foil, top with a few slices of sriracha butter, fold foil around corn.