Blood and Glory: Blood Orange Cocktail

Here it is:

Blood and Glory Blood Orange Cocktail 3

The first Blood Orange Cocktail dreamed up by my incredibly talented (and incredibly sexy) husband.

Chris dodd

It’s really beautiful cocktail with a citrusy sweetness that’s perfectly balanced. It’s prefect for a Ladies Night, a Dinner Party Night, or just a Netflix Night.

Blood and Glory Blood Orange Cocktail 4

I’m already starting to grieve the end of the Blood Orange season, which usually ends in March. If you can’t get your hands on these, or when the season ends, muddle some raspberries and naval orange juice in a cocktail shaker to get close to these great flavors and the amazing color.

Blood and Glory Blood Orange Cocktail_

Blood and Glory: Blood Orange Cocktail

• 2 oz blood orange juice
  • 4 oz Vodka
  • 3 oz Cointreau
  • 1 oz lime juice
  • Yield: two servings

1. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well, strainer into two chilled martini glasses.

Blood and Glory Blood Orange Cocktail 5

12 Responses to Blood and Glory: Blood Orange Cocktail

1. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious January 31, 2013 at 10:29 pm #

Love this! I totally need it for Netflix night :)

2. Andrew @ Eating Rules February 1, 2013 at 6:49 am #

Looks great! Would pair perfectly with a nice Cotswold…

• Jackie February 1, 2013 at 9:56 am #

I’m a little embarrassed to say I don’t know what a Cotswold is (other than the town in England) But I’ll believe you ;)

3. claire @ the realistic nutritionist February 1, 2013 at 6:54 am #

AH! Looks amazing!

4. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies February 1, 2013 at 11:00 am #

So gorgeous! I’m trying to convince my husband to start coming up with recipes for my blog too. :)

5. Julie @ Table for Two February 1, 2013 at 12:53 pm #

you made a cocktail on my birthday!! sorry i didn’t get to this yesterday, if i did, i probably would’ve asked you to ship it to me in a large jug! haha this looks so delicious and my kinda cocktail!

6. ashley - baker by nature February 2, 2013 at 3:08 pm #

OMG yesssssssss! I think I may have my adorable boyfriend make these tonight for our night in! Should spice things up ;)

7. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. February 2, 2013 at 10:57 pm #

Blood oranges are just amazing, as is this cocktail!

8. Denise February 4, 2013 at 3:01 am #

I want this cocktail now. Don’t care that it’s only morning here;) Gorgeous colour and I bet the addition of blood orange in a cocktail is just heavenly.

9. Cassie | Bake Your Day February 4, 2013 at 6:21 am #

Pretty sure I’d have no trouble downing one (or five) of these. Amazing, my friend!

10. layla February 6, 2013 at 2:35 am #

Im making this for a valentines singles party!

11. a farmer in the dell February 25, 2013 at 1:08 pm #

Now this is my kind of cocktail. I need to make this before blood oranges are gone!!!