“Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.” –-Unknown
It’s my birthday today.
Although I’m taking a few minutes to type this up, I get to spend the day with my Husband and daughter.
For me, birthdays are a bit like Thanksgiving, which is fairly fitting seeing as that my birthday often falls during the same week. Maybe it’s because my Dad died in his 20’s, or because I am by nature a grateful person, but birthdays make me feel lucky. Another years worth of experiences and knowledge under my belt.
Time to set some goals and remember the ones I’ve accomplished over the past year. This time last year I was contemplating writing a book proposal, and just two weeks ago I signed my first (yes, first, of what I hope to be many) book deal.
This year my goals are more personal:
1. Learn how to say no without feeling guilty.
2. Know my value and how to ask for it without apologizing (as in, stop doing so much work for free!)
So, seriously, help me out. I might need some accountability with those two.
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbs chopped chives
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbs milk (if needed)
- In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, lemon juice, pepper, salt and chives until well combined. Add the goat cheese and stir, leaving some of the goat cheese lumps intact. Add remaining milk to thin if desired for a thinner consistency.
Oh, and don’t forget to enter to win $250 from California Strawberries. Details here!