(Photo credit: California Strawberries)
One of the best things about living in Southern California is the abundant and incredible produce we have. Although it doesn’t have as high of a marque value as the weather or our celebrity residents, I’ll take strawberries over a Kardashian sister every day of the week. And because of the aforementioned weather fortune, strawberries grow all year long here. Every day of year you can get yourself some California strawberries, so it won’t surprise you that they are in my fridge nearly constantly. I might as well have a drawer just for them.
When California Strawberries asked me if I would tell you about the California Strawberries For The Holidays Pin to Win Contest, I didn’t hesitate. I love everything about strawberries, and I really want one of you to win the $250 cash prize.
$250 dollars would be great for the holidays, right? And this will give you a GREAT excuse to stay on pinterest a few extra minutes, your husband can ease up off your back about it, you’re trying to win some Holiday spending cash! Pinterest AND free money? It’s like a dream come true.
I even caught the Strawberry Fever, here is my Strawberry pin board.
Below are the details, super easy way to win some cash and to justify all that time you spend on pinterest.
DO NOT POST YOUR PIN BOARD TO THIS POST. Sorry, to yell, just want to make sure you heard me.
Post the link to your pin board in the comment section of THIS PIN
TO ENTER: (This Contest is now closed. Congrats to all the winners!)
- Follow California Strawberries on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/castrawberries/ & like CA Strawberries on Facebook for contest updates & recipe ideas: https://www.facebook.com/CAStrawberries
- Create a “CA Strawberries 4 Holidays” contest board on Pinterest. Pin the above contest image. Include the hashtag #CAStrawberriesPIN2WIN with each image you pin.
- Pin at least 5 of your favorite, festive strawberry recipes— including 2 of CA Strawberries’ new recipes: Mini California Strawberry & Chocolate Party Cakes & Spicy Sweet California Strawberry Tonic
- Submit your Pinterest contest board to the comment section in: THIS PIN
To help you get in the mood, here is a fabulous recipe from California Strawberries
(Photo credit: California Strawberries)
- Butter, for greasing pans 2 cups diced California strawberries
- 1 (15.25 ounce) strawberry cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (15.25 ounce) chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, more or less as necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract 2 (12 ounce) packages semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 12 medium California strawberries, sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease two large-sized muffin pans with butter and set aside.
- Place diced strawberries in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until berries starts to bubble, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until very thick, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely. Prepare strawberry cake according to package directions. Pour batter into one of the muffin pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Prepare chocolate cake according to package directions.
- Pour batter into the remaining muffin pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Meanwhile, place thickened strawberries in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Add cream cheese and butter, mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, beating between additions until all sugar has been added and mixture is thick and smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 40 minutes. While cakes are still in the muffin tins, slice off the domed tops. Remove cakes from muffin tins and slice each cake into two layers.
- Place the slightly larger layers (these will be the cake bottoms) on a sheet of wax paper. Spread strawberry mixture thickly over the bottoms. Cover with remaining layers of cake. Each cake will have both a chocolate and a strawberry layer. Place 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips in a small bowl and set aside for garnishing. Place remaining chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high at 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until chocolate has melted and is very smooth.
- Pour over tops of cakes, letting drip down the sides. Let set for 20 minutes at cool room temperature if serving right away). Or, refrigerate until ready to serve. Cakes can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- Garnish tops of cakes with slices of strawberries and reserved chocolate chips before serving.
- Makes 12 single-serving cakes.
This post was sponsored by California Strawberries.
I only work with companies that I truly love, all opinions are my own.