Halloween Recipe: Avocado Witches Fingers

Spooky Halloween treat. Looks like slimy, severed fingers, makes you hungry, right? That’s the best part about Halloween, you get to make crazy, gross, appetizers that are inspired by dismembered body parts and people love it.

Spooky Avocado Witches Fingers

4 Avocados
peeled, pitted and halved
1 tbs lemon or lime juice
2 ounces goat cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 ounce prosciutto slices

Cut each avocado half into 4-6 slices. Place in medium bowl and gently toss in lemon juice.

Fill the center of each avocado slice with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon goat cheese mixture.

Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili powder.

Wrap each avocado “finger” with 1/3 slice of prosciutto until the goat cheese is secured to the avocado. Make sure to leave the tip of the avocado exposed, to resemble a finger nail. Arrange the avocados in the shape of a hand on the plate to add extra spookiness. Serve and Enjoy!

Check out my other Halloween Posts:

DIY Glow In the Dark Chosts. Take 5 minutes!

Inside Out Caramel Apples

, ,

35 Responses to Halloween Recipe: Avocado Witches Fingers

1. Laura @ Family Spice October 10, 2011 at 11:33 am #

You had me at avocado! Voted for you, but your link was to your recipe not to where you vote. I found it here: http://www.avocadosfrommexico.com/Promotions/Halloween/Contest.aspx

Good luck! Looks so yummy!

• Jaxie October 10, 2011 at 11:36 am #

Thanks Laura! I just fixed it. Thanks for the vote =)

2. claire @ the realistic nutritionist October 10, 2011 at 11:54 am #

These are SO cute, I love them!!

3. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. October 10, 2011 at 12:20 pm #

These look tasty and spooky! Funny, I’m doing a creepy cheddar witch finger recipe later this week!

4. Susie October 10, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

These look like a lot of fun for Halloween and they are healthy nicely done. :)

5. Jaxie October 10, 2011 at 2:03 pm #

Thanks ladies! Now all I need is a Halloween party to go to!

6. RecipeObsessed October 10, 2011 at 4:02 pm #

Totally voted! Yum!

• Jaxie October 10, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

Thank you!!

7. Bianca @ South Bay Rants n Raves October 10, 2011 at 5:41 pm #

I’m looking for a recipe to bring to a Halloween party. This is in the running. If not I could always just eat it at home!

8. Kelly October 10, 2011 at 6:12 pm #

What a cute idea, these look delicious! :)

9. Naoko October 10, 2011 at 7:44 pm #

This looks Delicious. I would like to try this, is there a sub for goat cheese??(I can’t get goat cheese here). I’m not sure what other cheeses would go good with avocado.. Voted for you too.. Good Luck

• Jaxie October 10, 2011 at 8:13 pm #

Try cream cheese and just season it with your favorite spices (before or after you add it to the avocado). And thanks for the vote =)

10. anne October 10, 2011 at 9:46 pm #

Voted for your yummy entry , GOODLUCK !!!!

• Jaxie October 11, 2011 at 8:40 am #

Awwww, thanks =)

11. Mindy October 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

These sound sooooo good!!!

12. Betsy October 12, 2011 at 7:08 am #

Voted! I love this idea too. Everything is better with goat cheese

• Jaxie October 12, 2011 at 11:06 am #

You’re so sweet Betsy =)

13. simone October 13, 2011 at 7:30 am #

This would be so great for our Halloween Recipe Blog Hop! http://is.gd/X7I9XV

14. Mimi Avocado November 1, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

What a great way to serve avocados! Not only delicious but creative! We raise avocados on our family farm and love to feature links to special recipes on our Facebook page. We’ll feature you today!

• Jackie November 1, 2011 at 3:06 pm #

Thank you!! How lucky are you to have a backyard full of such a yummy treat!

15. Julia January 5, 2012 at 10:14 am #

Saw these on pinterest and just about fell outta my chair! AMAZING idea!!!!!

16. Laura September 12, 2012 at 4:54 am #

Let the goat cheese soften and fill the avocado when it is only halved then slice into pieces. Much neater and less labor intensive. Also dip knife in hot water to aide in cutting

17. Brandilynn March 23, 2013 at 2:40 am #

Just sayin, witchy fingers are good for ANY DAY.

And I realized, it is reasonable to think you are making these for company, but when you are forced to eat the first few because your wrapping skills are not dabomb?

You wonder if they really SHOULD be for company. Or for you. Now.

:}

• Jackie March 23, 2013 at 8:51 am #

I agree, good every day. I made them for a Halloween food contest, so that’s why the strange name. But tasty snack all year long :)

18. Denise September 17, 2013 at 1:33 pm #

These were so yummy! Made them for Monday night Football last night- we tossed em on the grill for a few min on each side & even added a lil bell pepper strip in each for some crunch & they were DELISH!

• Jackie September 17, 2013 at 2:50 pm #

Yum!! That sounds amazing!

19. Sandy December 19, 2013 at 8:23 pm #

These look like a wonderful idea for my upcoming Christmas party. Looking to add some healthy finger foods! Thanks for the recipe.

1. Simple Appetizers To Impress People | muod - February 12, 2013

[...] here to get started creating this simple [...]

2. Paleo on the Road Day 8: A PR and a sad dinner | Run.Fit.Kin. - February 13, 2013

[...] I couldn’t follow the recipe because it has goat cheese and spices that I didn’t feel like buying while I’m [...]

3. Avocado Witches Fingers | Well Cooked - April 21, 2013

[...] Recipe Link [...]

4. Avocado Fingers | - April 28, 2013

[...] Halloween Recipe: Avocado Witches Fingers [...]

5. 15 Low Carb Snacks (That Don't Suck) (Recipes) | Fork Party - July 2, 2013

[...] Baked Zucchini Chips Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers Baked Tomato Crisps Portabella Pizza Bites Baked Jalapeno Poppers Avocado “Witch Fingers” [...]

6. 25 Deliciously Spooky Halloween Recipes - Simple and Trendy - August 23, 2013

[...] 10. Spooky Pumpkin Pancakes 11. Panna Cotta Brains 12. Graveyard Dip 13. Monster Eyeballs 14. Avocado Witches Fingers 15. Pumpkin Pasta in Squid Ink Sauce 16. Meringue Ghosts 17. Candy Apples 18. Monster Brownies 19. [...]

7. 25 Spooky Halloween Recipes - Short Cut Saver - October 29, 2013

8. Friday Favorites | Iowa Girl Eats - January 7, 2014

[…] bite: Prosciutto Wrapped, Goat Cheese Stuffed Avocados. I need these in my life, like, yesterday. […]